Supply chains play a crucial role in the success of your business. After all, your suppliers directly affect your company’s costs, operations, and reputation. You may currently choose your suppliers based primarily on cost, geographic location, or some other factor. But, have you considered their performance regarding key sustainability indicators?
Advancing the sustainable "health" of your business extends beyond your internal operations to each supplier in your network. If you are looking to advance your corporate sustainability profile to the next level—reducing your extended carbon footprint and securing a key competitive edge in the marketplace—it is vital to engage your supply chain in improving sustainability performance.
How it works
Our experts develop innovative strategies unique to your business in order to effectively track and improve the sustainability of your supply chain networks. We will support you in developing and defining goals specific to your sustainable supply chain program, handling all aspects of research, coordination, and communication. WECC will:
- Analyze your supply chain to establish baseline sustainability performance and identify segments of the supplier network requiring special attention
- Work with you to define specific goals and targets, and develop a customized strategy to help you and your suppliers achieve increased overall sustainability
- Provide software, planning, and reporting tools to facilitate program implementation
- Establish sustainability program participation and performance standards for your suppliers
- Develop a supplier engagement strategy and implement a communications campaign
Engaging your suppliers
Not sure your suppliers will be on board? WECC will work with you to implement supplier sustainability engagement strategies to drive robust participation. Encouraging your suppliers to commit to sustainability is a manageable task when both parties consider the shared benefits:
- Cost savings: Reducing wasted energy, water, and materials can create significant financial savings that translate into lower operating costs. Suppliers with lower operating costs may be able to offer more competitive pricing to their customers.
- Market leadership: Commitment to sustainability demonstrates environmental stewardship and social responsibility. Companies with robust sustainability programs often enjoy positive public relations, brand enhancements, and new market opportunities.
- Risk management: Sustainable management practices reduce environmental damage while improving performance—thereby limiting the likelihood of operational disruptions. Additionally, proactively managing sustainability performance reduces reputational risk and exposure to negative publicity.
Contact WECC today to learn how we can help you manage and advance the sustainable performance of your supplier network.